gprime.net boards

gprime.net boards (http://gprime.net/board/index.php)
-   General game discussion (http://gprime.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (http://gprime.net/board/showthread.php?t=14924)

Nitz 02-24-2010 05:05 PM

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Literally unplayable due to spawn camping. Last 5 games I've joined I died before I could even move. I'm hoping the single player is at least decent.

Drunken_Shinobi 02-24-2010 06:45 PM

Spawn camping? Jesus...I was about to try the game out myself, but the spawn campers seemed to have made the game that much less attractive. Oh well...I might end up getting it anyway just to see how it is.

Tommygun711 02-24-2010 07:28 PM

I freakin hate spawn campers.. I thought that wouldve been a good game too because it looked so realistic with the destruction eliment and such. I was impressed by the gameplay trailers.
the problem I had with a lot of FPS games is that I would kill eveyone in that point and then move on; if I go any further, I'm in their damn base! so i end up going into their base and then I find out that they HAVE ALREADY WENT OUT IN THE BATTLE. so I go up and try to find them then one of the guys on the other team will come behind me and kill me.
lame.

Drunken_Shinobi 02-24-2010 10:08 PM

I don't get the point in spawn camping for a Battlefield game though. Aren't you supposed to be capturing 'spawn points' to have the better flag score?

Ryu-Nacho 02-25-2010 12:27 AM

A lot of people will do it for the sole purpose of pissing people off (such activities are called "griefing"). But if you've captured all the flags, spawn camping would still work to keep them from re-capping (though still frowned upon).

Nitz 02-25-2010 03:30 AM

Other than that problem, it shows promise. Visually it's amazing. That's why I'm looking forward to the campaign.

Dudeo 02-25-2010 09:00 AM

You know what I hate? When you call campers out, and they're like "no i just got here hurr". And then they don't move. Make it a little more obvious, why don't you?

I do love using long-range weaponry on them, whatever fps it is.

Drunken_Shinobi 02-25-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho (Post 261229)
A lot of people will do it for the sole purpose of pissing people off (such activities are called "griefing"). But if you've captured all the flags, spawn camping would still work to keep them from re-capping (though still frowned upon).

Well I do know that there is the purpose of griefing. However, I was thinking more about the people who just do it without the intention of doing it...possibly because they want to increase their own score or something rather than focus on the actual objective of the game.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudeo (Post 261239)
You know what I hate? When you call campers out, and they're like "no i just got here hurr". And then they don't move. Make it a little more obvious, why don't you?

I do love using long-range weaponry on them, whatever fps it is.

Yeah...that's a bitch sometimes.

Ryu-Nacho 02-25-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi (Post 261246)
people who just do it without the intention of doing it

I don't think it's possible to spawn camp without realizing you're spawn camping.

Drunken_Shinobi 02-26-2010 05:38 PM

Oh yeah...posted too quick there. What I meant to say was the people who are actually do that as a main method to gain a higher score rather than for purely ruining somebody else's game experience.

LIB3RTY 05-23-2012 02:39 PM

I went back to playing this cos BF3 sucks. Sick of getting sniped with frag shotguns on BF3, utter BS.