Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > PC

PC Discussion for PC gaming products

Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default Left 4 Dead 2 demo is fucking terrible

I just tried the Left 4 Dead 2 demo and it was hilariously bad. Holy shit this game looks like complete trash. It has some of the worst textures I've seen in years. I am running it at 1920x1200 with 8xAA 16xAF on the max settings. As far as the actual game goes, it's like a Left 4 Dead custom campaign.

There was nothing in this demo that warrants a full priced sequel. I knew that after less than a year of development time, this game would have to be bad, but it is far worse than I expected.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

More details please. Complaining about graphics doesn't mean the actual game is terrible.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

The weapons are mostly simple reskins from the first game, the new infected classes bring little to the table, the AI is every bit as bad as it was in the first L4D, and the maps are at best as good as some of the custom campaigns from the first title.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Oh NOEZ! TANK!!!!!1!!!!11 Now it's called a Charger. I wonder if it has the added bonus of recharging batteries ontop of trying to kill you? Jockey = Funniest enemy ever created.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
Oh NOEZ! TANK!!!!!1!!!!11 Now it's called a Charger. I wonder if it has the added bonus of recharging batteries ontop of trying to kill you? Jockey = Funniest enemy ever created.
Charger is same level as a Smoker or Hunter (Special Infected). Sort of like a mini-Tank. The game still has real Tanks.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
I just tried the Left 4 Dead 2 demo and it was hilariously bad. Holy shit this game looks like complete trash. It has some of the worst textures I've seen in years. I am running it at 1920x1200 with 8xAA 16xAF on the max settings. As far as the actual game goes, it's like a Left 4 Dead custom campaign.

There was nothing in this demo that warrants a full priced sequel. I knew that after less than a year of development time, this game would have to be bad, but it is far worse than I expected.
Well...for the most part L4D2 seems like an 'expansion' of L4D but still at a full price, so I'm not really surprised at any criticism that will be aimed at this game. Although I do find the first L4D to be pretty fun, but not too great...and that's why I never really took the liberty to even buy the first one. I'm probably not going to even buy the second one because I'd rather save the money to buy some of the better games that are coming out. Maybe I'll buy it after it gets cheap over time.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Willy_Wonka
shit

Tournaments Won: 2

LOL BUT GAEM IS AWSUM I KILLED ZOMBEHS WIT AN GUITAR? internet
Willy_Wonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

lol
it doesn't look that great, but my computer is REALLY bad so the lag may have changed my mind on the game. It's the demo and all, and it's for free, so we can't exactly judge it because we haven't played all the game modes. (I didn't play the other left 4 dead, did it have the same game modes?)
Tommygun711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #9
Azzaboi
g-user

This game is awesome! I went and brought the full game and it rocks, still a bit like Left 4 Dead 1 but with a lot more extras, better graphics, and way more blood and gore!

(the only problem is with the aussies getting the censored version which sucked, bad luck there)
Azzaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Im gonna wait for a 50% off sale on Steam to pick it up.
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

it's lame as hell.
Nuff Said.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygun711 View Post
it's lame as hell.
That's exactly how it is! ON OPPOSITE DAY!
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
That's exactly how it is! ON OPPOSITE DAY!
yeah okay lol
we have to get squidwards approval before we say that haha