Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > works in progress

works in progress working on a project and want to give the public a little glimpse? show it here

Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
VooDoo

Tournaments Won: 1

Default 3D escape room game

Right i have this game i'm currently working on for this guy who likes escape room types of flash games (not my cup of tea) so i'm thinking of ideas for the little guy any ideas of your own will be appreciated. The idea of the game is he clicks the screen and has to find stuff to get out of the room into the next room, instead of using swift 3d i'm using 3ds max and the whole things gonna be actionscripted in flash after i've made all the cutscenes for the game, theres also a video preview of a non textured room showing the littles guys characteristics.

My Game The full game can be located on that page

Ugly aint it.

http://media.putfile.com/nothing-special-16

Last edited by VooDoo; 10-22-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Tournaments Won: 2

I liked crimson room and that other tealish one...couldn't get out of the teal room though...let's see what you've done *clicky*
==============================
I think I like the ones the other guy did better, just because based one the video yours seems a bit jerky, and too simple. but let me know when you;re done...then I'll check it out!

Last edited by MeTal CaNdYcaNe; 04-24-2006 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:48 AM   #3
Ilikepandas

Thats great, he seems a little sly though, the way he sneaks throughout the room
Old 04-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #4
VooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikepandas
Thats great, he seems a little sly though, the way he sneaks throughout the room
Yeah but creating characters for 3ds max pretty much the same way they do characters for half life and finding nemo aint that easy to accomplish and to MeTal CaNdYcaNe it's only 3 days work i need at least a month creating a flash game till it gets better, i'm not actually using that video i'm gonna start animating him when the whole house is complete not just one room i have an entire house to decorate before i get down to the nitty gritty animating, composing and rendering.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

I know, I said show me when you're done =]

Good luck by the way.
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
Ilikepandas

Same here :)
Old 04-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
VooDoo

Anyway guys do you think 6 megs is too much memory for a game or do you think most people who play online flash games wouldn't mind that size, i would ask people but it's 3:00 am and there aint nobody to ask, And oh yeah one more thing do you guys think video as in actual .avi games are cheesy it's just cause i don't like using swift 3d it has too many limitiations and 3ds max lets me do what i want when i want unlike swift which i think in my own opinion is it's still a beta cause theres too many bugs in that appliaction to sell it yet.

BTW : The game will be finished in less than a month so if you stick around you guys can be the first to test it for bugs.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #8
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Looks nice for a flash game.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #9
Pink Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe
I liked crimson room and that other tealish one...couldn't get out of the teal room though...let's see what you've done *clicky*
I think I like the ones the other guy did better, just because based one the video yours seems a bit jerky, and too simple. but let me know when you;re done...then I'll check it out!

The crimson room is easy. I've never played the teal room.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

What are these rooms?
Boong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
aaproductions

I get so stressed out when I play those kind of games.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #12
rehabisforquitters
hey hey

Whenever I play these games, I think something is going to pop out and make a really loud noise to scare me. I'm so paranoid.
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:57 AM   #13
VooDoo

I'm not a fan of these games myself but somebodys asked me to make this game for them and i've agreed to do it for them it won't be ready for another 20 days and then another 5 days testing to make sure it works the way it should but it should work. I've got all the actionscript out the way for what i need to accomplish with that now all i need to do is animate my 3d character for the game and decorate the whole friggin house *sigh*, but it will be done. So if you guys want to test the game let me know and i'll give you my dead line date soon.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
Ilikepandas

I'd love to test the game- 6 megs is quite a small file size for what I'd expect from this kind of game- Im looking forward to play it
Old 05-31-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
VooDoo

Well i'm hoping it will be 6 megs but it shouldn't go over the 7 meg mark if i planned everything correctly, and theres some more previews of the game i would have modelled this faster but i'm really multi tasking at the moment and now my lecturers wanting me to make a portfolio of my work to show students my work i've accomplished with my time ~sigh~.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #16
Charles rules you all!
My kitty

So how is the progress on this "game" going for you? I really want to try it out.
Charles rules you all! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #17
Willy_Wonka
shit

Yeah it looks good. You're good at making games and stuff.
Willy_Wonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #18
Hellraiser

cant wait to play - all you have to do is hope ebuams wont steal it - i think ABS is sueing there website for stealing a file written by a guy who works with ABS

here is a link

www.albinoblacksheep.com its about halfway down the page
Old 06-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #19
VooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser
cant wait to play - all you have to do is hope ebuams wont steal it - i think ABS is sueing there website for stealing a file written by a guy who works with ABS

here is a link

www.albinoblacksheep.com its about halfway down the page

Yeah thanks for the info but i check out AB's site from time to time, actually my work has been up on there main page from time to time cheers for th@ link anyways, but don't worry about people ripping off my work ( but tnx for the concerns), You can't rip off a rip off artist (living proof) I decided to go for .avi instead of swf this time thats why there has been delays, i'm using .avi's so i can burn my mark and brand my work so they can't touch it even with there best efforts. People get hung up on .avi's like you've broke into there house in christmas morning and p|ssed over there kids, but you gotta stop them somehow but i think my vector control panels in my games will make up for the pixelated video.

And yeah to the patient guys who want to test out this game sry about the delay (security issues man can't be helped) the reason the games late is cause i've had technical issues but it WILL be ready in 5 days, and i won't be able to respond to any insult posts saying my game sucks and i should die and all that blah blah cause i'll be in Florida which makes a huge difference to Scotland.

BTW : This game isn't for me i don't like these games but somebody wants one made so they asked me but i have enjoyed making it.
Sry guys Another delay lol ---> (****), yeah guys i'm off to Florida for like two weeks tomorrow (oops) i thought i coulda get the game done in time but it seems it's not gonna happen so your gonna have to wait a while till i finish in Florida, sry guys my bad but.

Last edited by VooDoo; 06-25-2006 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost